A little bit of Every Moment

A little bit of Every Moment

Friday, July 25, 2014

You will eat the rest of your sugar before we can leave

Today Shawn had the day off. Jordyn has been gone for the week, but we got to have her for a few hours this afternoon. After playing at the park for a few hours, we decided to run in and grab some frozen  yogurt.

The kids love this little self serve place where they get to pour their own toppings on and pick their flavors and serve themselves. We reminded them as we were pulling up that they could pick two flavors and two toppings.

Well as it happens with six kids, a few of them fell through the cracks and by the time we got to the check out their cups were filled to the brim with ice cream and toppings. Most of them had stuck with the two flavors and two toppings rule, but had gone over board with each one.

When the girl rings us up, the total is well over $40.00 . . . for freaking ice cream. I pay the girl and by this time I am so frustrated that I just gave my right arm for frozen yogurt all because my kids didn't follow directions. We sit down, and within about ten bites many of the kids are over their concoctions. A scenario I knew would happen!

All mom's, and especially those of big families can relate to this one . . . similar to the "I paid good money for that happy meal, you will eat every bite of your deep fried french fries and nuggets", I was the mom making my kids eat every last bite of their over priced, over filled, self serve ice cream cups. If nothing in my life ever makes me feel quite so white trash, I will be ok with that. "You are not done eating that sugar young man . . . so eat up!"

Lesson learned. If you want to have fun eating ice cream with mom maybe stick with the dollar cones at mcdonald's so her heart attack can come from the deep fried delicious french fries instead of her feeling the need to spend her time forcing you to eat every bite of your volcanic soup of soft serve sugar.

Maybe I am a control freak, but what happened to the good old days where hard working payed employees told my kids exactly what they could have with a price connected to it? Over dramatic . . . indeed. Can't wait to have them talk about this little trip to ice cream in 10 years. "Remember when we over flowed our ice cream, and Mom wanted to teach us a lesson in obedience so she made us eat every bite?"Bahahah. I can just hear it now. And I am sure by then paying $45.00 for an afternoon stroll to the ice cream store will seem like chump change.

Ok, soap box is over. On a lighter note. I had a blast with my entire family today . . . and that was my favorite part of the day!

1 comment:

  1. After 3 Years in a relationship with my Boyfriend, my Boyfriend started going out with other girls and showing me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to break-up with me if I dare question him about his affair with other girls, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR Jumba who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of his gods, At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, When I contact him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 28Hours my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with girls and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or marriage problem.Here's his contact  : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com  

    ReplyDelete