A little bit of Every Moment

A little bit of Every Moment

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Time

So as I have spent the last six months writing on my personal blog about our story, I have had many other thoughts flood my mind. In an effort to keep our story in some what of a particular order I have failed to write down any extra thoughts that have come my way. It is kind of making me crazy. So this blog is going to be devoted to my random thoughts. Things that I am thinking about right now, and not back then. I probably won't use spell check, or give a care about grammar!  haha.  So expect words misspelled, random, and crazy bipolar soap boxes.  Real every day life thoughts from a mom!

Today I was at our neighborhood swimming pool. A friend of mine was there. She told me that she struggles with just getting on the floor and playing with her kids. She said she gets crazy with messes and gets anxiety about actives that make messes. She shared this with me and then asked me how I get through those times personally. I thought a lot about what she said, and I totally relate.

It has been a struggle with me, at times, to just let go. To be a mom we have so much on our plate. We want to have fun with our kids, but lets be honest . . . we have so much to do. We want to paint with our fingers and make a mess, but it is so daunting to clean it all up afterward. As I thought about my answer I thought of some of the things that have helped me in my fight to be a mom who can let it all go.

Here is what I came up with that has worked for me:

1. I don't allow push notifications to pop up on my phone. When we let Facebook, and twitter, and instagram, and even email pop up every time we have a notification on our phone we give them our power.  I have blocked everything but phone calls and text from my phone. That way, when I am with my kids I can be present. I can control when I read my emails, check my Facebook and look at other peoples pictures. Lets be honest, if we read an email . . . then we feel we must respond. For me having those things at my access, but only when I need them is powerful. When those things are always ringing in our ears, they are a constant pull away from what we are present in.

2. My kids are my best friends. We don't usually invite anyone else when we go explore the park, or we  go swim at the pool. We take the extra time to get to  know each other. I learn a lot more about my kids when we are just us. There is a time and a place for friends, but we have learned to enjoy having it be just us more often than not.

3. I pray hard when I feel that panic come over me. I give myself a mommy timeout and find a quiet spot to pray for inspiration on how to handle the chaos. I pray for ideas on something fun to do to divert their energy. I seek counsel when someone is struggling for ways to help them through their struggle. I also pray for my own peace, that I can handle the mess as we build memories and learn new things.

4. Think like a kid. Kids are so simple. We try to make everything interesting and crafty, and they simply do not care. We don't have to get on pinterest to find fun ideas. Make up a game. Let them decorate their pizza. Help them organize their closet. Let them make the bed. Let them clean the toilet. Let them make the smoothie. These things can be frustrating when not done right. They can be annoying when the "cleaning" only makes a bigger mess. But how much fun do they have learning a new skill? They are excited to help and they are eager to learn.

I know that being a mom is hard. I am one! Every day I entertain, clean, cook, drive, referee, sing to, read to, discipline, and encourage six little ones. It can sometimes be a thankless job, but not one that needs more than payments in kisses and hugs. Being a mom can be fun. It is easier said than done, but on those days when I just let it all go and put my kids first . . . it is the greatest blessing of my life.

Dance in the rain, and peel cucumbers all over the floor. Maybe the neighbors might come to the door and see your mess . . . but at least the memories you are making will never be forgotten. The messes witnessed by others are worth the smiles you will create.

Be present with those little ones. Put away your computer and your phone. Be the mom they deserve. Guess I am done for today, because quiet time is now over and everyone is refreshed and ready to play. Quit reading this and go make a memory!

4 comments:

  1. How have I not known about this blog?! I'm soaking it all up! I love your thoughts! Thank you for sharing! You rock, friend! I wish there was a before and after pic of their ice cream lesson! ;0) So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 3 Years in a relationship with my Boyfriend, my Boyfriend started going out with other girls and showing me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to break-up with me if I dare question him about his affair with other girls, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR Jumba who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of his gods, At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, When I contact him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 28Hours my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with girls and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or marriage problem.Here's his contact  : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com  

      Delete
  2. I loved this! Thanks for the awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your link to this blog from The Moments We Stand. I love your writing style. Yes! I'm not alone... I've always loved alone time with just my two and hubby. Making new memories as a family of 4. Thanks for your awesome writing and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete