A little bit of Every Moment

A little bit of Every Moment

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Back to earth

I have been having a hard time with some of my kids this week. We just got back from a long week away from home, and they seemed to be fighting and at each other. We have had a lot of disrespect and anger burst at mom. 

This morning I decided to try some new ideas to see if I could help unify them and help them remember to be respectful. I gave each child a job and helped them accomplish them. They each put their laundry away and organized in their rooms. 

I then had them sit on the couch and have quiet reading time. They were resistant at first, but then relaxed and enjoyed the calm. 

Next they had 30 min of free time. Most of them chose electronics, while Kaleeya and Bostyn teamed up and went outside to go through the garbage to find old boxes to make a space ship. 

I set a timer to alert the electronic kids when their screen time is over. That way they knew exactly when they were done, without me saying a word to them. This seemed to avoid the frustration with ending screen time to be directed at me. Teage just ran over and turned it off as soon as the timer went off. 

Now they are all outside making rain coats out of garbage sacks, and a space ship out of Costco boxes. 

I think sometimes our kids are overstimulated with water parks and entertainment. For me, it seems that when my kids begin to get a little of the entitled snottiness, I just need to bring them back to earth. It never works to go buy them new toys, or spend more money entertaining them. It is when they are home learning new jobs, and working as a team that I see them unite. 

We sure love to go to the park, swim, and eat popcorn at the movies . . . but that is not what usually teaches them how to be grateful kids. We don't have to spend money to show our kids a good time. I fight the urge to wine and dine them all summer long. But today has been a good reminder to me to keep it simple some days. 

I am off to go get fitted for a rain coat! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. After 3 Years in a relationship with my Boyfriend, my Boyfriend started going out with other girls and showing me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to break-up with me if I dare question him about his affair with other girls, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR Jumba who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of his gods, At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, When I contact him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 28Hours my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with girls and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or marriage problem.Here's his contact  : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com  

      Delete